Back to Main Site | conversiontrucks.net
October 21, 2017, 03:12:53 PM *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiring kits  (Read 9079 times)
gilbert011

Survival of the fittest

« on: October 02, 2009, 10:47:56 AM »

who here has rewired a vehicle, in particular a square body chevy/ gmc?  What was the experience and would you recommend to do it yourself or pay a pro.
Traveler

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 09:34:54 AM »

Why are you rewiring it? Restoration? Or modification?

I have done a couple mid 80's suburbans, blazers and pickups. It isn't a bad job just time consuming.
Running the wires is easy, getting them tied up nice and neat takes all the time.
Choptop
Administrater
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 06:25:11 PM »

If the harness is real bad, check the wrecking yards for a replacement. Is it real bad or just a mess.

If it has a motor, it has my attention.
gilbert011

Survival of the fittest

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 09:16:19 PM »

I think overall the harness is in okay condition,  you can tell they pulled on some wire in the engine bay,  also at one time it caught on fire because there is evidence of charring on the adjacent wires.  I have already found another engine bay wire harness from an 84 chevy c-10, so hopefully it will be okay.  I have since pulled out everything from the engine bay and starting on the cleaning of the firewall, chassis and undercarage. 
Choptop
Administrater
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 02:33:33 PM »

If you need a hand, let me know. Electronics is my livelyhood, and Im not too far.I have just about everything needed to clean up the install.

If it has a motor, it has my attention.
gilbert011

Survival of the fittest

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 02:41:53 PM »

Thanks for the offer,  I will keep your info handy.  I do think it need an overall look, and some cleanup,  the engine bay struff is what really worries me,but I will have to wait untill the end of the painting process for me to take a look at it.  But at lleast I know I got someone nearby if needed.  Thank again. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: