Back to Main Site | conversiontrucks.net
October 21, 2019, 08:13:46 AM *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 81 Chevy 3/4 ton  (Read 3299 times)
oldyeller
Global Moderator

« on: April 09, 2009, 11:07:45 PM »

I have an 81 Chevy 3/4 ton with a 540 hp 468.  I drove this truck to high school and was the envy of all the guys in auto mechanics with me.  We have done a lot of work to it since then.  We replaced the "tired" engine with the 468.  The engine had well over 200,000 miles on it and was using a little oil, about a quart every week or so.  If you let it idle too long, the spark plugs would fowl.  The truck itself has over 400,000 miles on it.  We replaced the hood, which a horse tried to eat the paint off of and had lots of hail damage on it, with a cowl induction hood.  The fenders were replaced with donors off a suburban.   The seat has been reupholstered, as well as new carpet and the door panels painted.  Next step is the bed being replaced.  After all the body work is done comes paint, which will be a while.  It will go back yellow and tan when we get to that step.  This truck has taken a back seat to the extended cabs, which is fine because they are awesome trucks.  I would rather wait and let this one be done right.  Its not going anywhere. 

Before:

Now:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: